cheesecake number 3 – NO-BAKE WHITE AND DARK CHOCOLATE BERRY CHEESECAKE
1 standard packet of dark chocolate digestive biscuits.
150g dark chocolate
1 punnet strawberries
200g white chocolate
500g soft cream cheese (philly, mascarpone etc)
275ml double cream
- line the bottom of a 20cm springform tin.
- Crush the biscuits to rough crumbs (easiest way, in a robust plastic bag with a rolling pin). Melt 100g of dark chocolate (either in a Bain Marie or in the gently in the microwave) stir the butter into it, once melted, this will melt the butter and slightly cool the chocolate too. Stir this into the biscuits so its all well incorporated. Tip into the tin and press down firmly making sure the bottom is completely covered and its all the way to the edge.
- Halve some of the strawberries and place these all around the outside of the tin with the flat side against the wall of the tin. Place 4 small or large one right in the centre of the base. Take care to gently push them down slightly so they displace a little of the base. Put in the fridge to set firm.
- In a medium sized bowl beat the cheese until smooth. In another bowl whisk the cream to soft peak. Gently cut and fold the cream into the cheese. Melt the white chocolate gently in a bain marie then gently but quickly stir this into the creamy cheese. Pour this mix carefully over the strawberries until they are all covered, smooth the surface and leave in the fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Take a heat proof piping bag, place the 50g chocolate in it and melt in the microwave. Use this to decorate the top of the cheesecake (it will set really quickly as the cake is cold), its good to squirt some down into the cake so you get some areas of nice big chic chunks. Decorate with strawberries. Enjoy!
TIPS Make sure your strawberries are perfectly ripe, over ripe ones will go mushy and bleed into the cake and underripe ones will not give the best colour.
You can use other fruit too, raspberries, black, blue logan berries. pineapple, apple pulped with a tiny amount of lemon juice, use your imagination the possibilities are endless.
Why not take part in the GBBO blog off, it’s not too late. For more information go along to Jenny’s site http://mummymishaps.co.uk and bake along. Check out our guest host Michelle’s site this week at http://utterlyscrummy.blogspot.co.uk